We here at Faith Photography understand that planning a wedding can be a daunting task. We have been very blessed to work with some of the best professionals in the industry, and we want to share them with you. We are starting a Vendor Spotlight series of blogs to hopefully answer some of your questions about things like make-up, music, or even flowers; and we will be including photos of brides’ make-up, flowers, lighting from DJs, and details provided by specific vendors. We hope that you enjoy these vendor spotlights and we also hope they will make your wedding day planning a little less stressful!
Wedding Day Beauty Vendor Spotlight | Southern Sirens Knoxville Makeup Artist
- For those who might not know you, tell us a little about yourself. My name is Amanda McKnight, and I own Southern Sirens. Southern Sirens is a team of licensed beauty professionals who provide airbrush makeup and hairstyling on location. We Bring Beauty to You!
- If you could do anyone’s make up (past or present) whom would it be and why? I do not have a particular person that I would like to do makeup for. However, I wish that my granny were still around to see what I have accomplished with my business.
- Do you only do makeup for weddings? We specialize in wedding day beauty services, but we also do hair and makeup for photo shoots, prom, boudoir sessions, and any occasion where you want to look and feel fabulous.
- In your opinion, why is it important for a bride to have her hair and makeup done on her wedding day? I believe that brides and their bridal party should use professional beauty services because it allows everyone to look cohesive. We are using professional products to help you achieve the look and durability that you need for such a special day in your life. It relieves the stress of trying to get ready yourself. We bring beauty to you so that you can relax and enjoy your day.
- Do you suggest doing a run through before the wedding day? We highly recommend doing a run thru. The run thru is the time to figure out the look that you want for your big day. It allows you to fix anything you don’t like, and decide on the look that you want. That way there are no surprises on the wedding day, and it allows the services to be performed in a more timely manner.
- Is it true that a bride’s makeup should be darker on her wedding day than she normally would wear on a day-to-day basis? We do suggest wearing a little bit more makeup than your normal every day look. It does not need to be drastic. You just need enough color to keep all of your skin appearing as flawless as possible on camera, while still looking beautiful in person.
- When you apply false eyelashes, do you use one strip or individual lashes and why? Our team uses the individual lashes for our false eyelash application. We use these because they are applied to your eyelash versus the skin of your eyelid. This provides a more natural look.
- You use a spray on application for foundation, how is that different that traditional foundation? We use airbrush makeup. We use airbrush mainly for foundation, blush, contouring, and highlighting. We use traditional makeup (the makeup you can purchase at makeup departments and drugstores) for the eyes and lips. We feel that the airbrush makeup is the best makeup to use for several reasons:
It mimics the natural pores on your face, which allows it to look more natural.
It is high definition, which is great for high definition photography and videography.
It lasts 12-16 hours.
It is water, rub, and sweat resistant.
It provides full coverage while feeling light on the skin.
- For brides scheduling the timeline of their day, how long do you suggest them setting aside for their makeup application and hair style? We suggest allowing 45 minutes per person, per service.
- For brides who don’t have the budget for professional makeup, what is one piece of advice that you would give them for their day?
If you are unable to hire a professional for makeup and/or hair services, we would suggest sticking with a classic or natural look. These styles will still look great for years to come.
Thank you Amanda for taking the time to answer these questions and for giving brides some insight about the services that Southern Sirens offers.
Very Special Thanks to:
Southern Sirens | Knoxville Makeup Artist
Whitestone Country Inn | Venue
First Baptist Church of Kingston | Venue
Oran’s Flower Shop | Bouquets
Melissa Timm Designs | Bouquet